Thursday, September 3, 2015

Well For Culture: Iroquois White Corn & Berries

Kwe kwe, sewakekon!! I've missed my blog writing for the last few months! I hope this post finds you well and enjoying the fading weeks of summer. I've been quite busy with dissertation work and academic commitments as well as some exciting community cooking workshops that happened over the summer. I've also been canning away, trying to preserve some of the precious summer/fall harvest foods for winter! I'll detail these in a separate upcoming post!

But for now, I just wanted to check in with you all and let you know I have guest-posted a recipe at a really amazing website/blog you all should check out! My friends Thosh and Chelsea put their brilliant minds together to create a place called "Well For Culture," a site that supports all facets of Indigenous wellness from our nourishment and foods to movement and fitness and through our traditions, language, and culture. Not only is it an aesthetically beautiful page, but they have recipes there, eating tips, and instructional fitness videos. They're doing really great things for Indian Country right now, so please, check out their webpage, their Facebook, or their Instagram and support the work they're putting in to help our nations and people become stronger! Nia:wen!

Oh, and here's the delicious recipe you will find there! I think you'll like it. Niawen, Kanikatsista! :)

Don't forget to support our local farmers and organizations continuing the tradition of growing white corn! One of which is the Iroquois White Corn Project!

Iroquois White Corn & Berries


CLICK HERE FOR RECIPE LINK!

No comments:

Post a Comment